“We have met the enemy and he is us.” – Walt Kelly
Have you ever heard the same advice and all of a sudden you finally get it?
The reason is that you are not the same person who heard it before.
This is the meaning behind the famous quote by Heraclitus: “No man ever steps in the same river twice.”
For that reason, this Finger Financial Five will re-share some timely information.
- If I invest in stocks over the long term, the odds are in my favor
- Sticking to a checklist could improve results
- What you feel may not be real. You can get disoriented and make fatal mistakes. The instruments (overall financial plan) can help guide you through the fog.
- Here is an example of a financial “instrument panel.”
Pain Plus Reflection Equals Progress– this Farnam Street blog is filled with truth.
- you have invested properly according to your goals and your risk tolerance. Instead of stressing daily on what the markets are doing, you are out in the world enjoying your life
- there is no substitute for time
- “The big money is not in the buying and selling, but in the waiting.” -Charlie Munger
- It is important to be open and flexible
- Put your blinders on and focus on what matters most.
- Avoid the white noise.
Highest Happiness Return:
- Experiences – like travel and concerts.
- Family and friends – time with them matters.
- Giving time or money increases happiness
The enemy may be us, but the good news is we can also be the solution.
Let me know if you have any questions. Click here to set up a phone appointment. Happy to help any way we can.
On the lighter side, we weathered the storm. Hope you did, too. We only lost a few limbs. Started raking the yard and a wonderful neighbor suggested I borrow his lawnmower to mow it instead. He said his mower turns the limbs to mulch. It did! Today’s machines can do about anything.
We take Elliott to visit the University of South Carolina this Saturday. I feel him getting closer and closer to leaving the nest. I am happy and sad.
Hope all is well with you and your family,
Finger Financial Five – 5 points in 5 minutes or less – is to provide you with a weekly shot of useful financial information. My intention is to share principles, so that you will have more clarity and peace, that help you make better financial decisions.
Investment advice offered through Stratos Wealth Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor; DBA Riverbend Wealth Management.
This content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information and provided by Riverbend Wealth Management. The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. Stratos Wealth Partners and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.