“Happiness is a byproduct of peace. Choose what brings you peace.” – Naval Ravikant
Money doesn’t make people happy. Do you know anyone with money who is unhappy? Do you know anyone who has less than you who is happy? Yeah me too.
These are some principles that have helped me and others be happy.
1) forgive yourself and others. Everyone makes mistakes. Look to learn from them and move on.
2) look for the lesson in everything. All of life’s challenges have a purpose.
3) let go of things you can’t control.
4) have the courage to change the things you can.
5) lean towards responsibility, kindness, compassion, integrity, and truth. Lean away from blame, anger, greed, and vengeance.
6) we can’t do anything about the past. Just learn from it. The future is not here yet. Plan what you can and let the rest go. Focus on the present moment. All of life happens here.
7) we can’t be other people. We can only be the best version of ourselves.
8) life is constantly changing. Change with it. Go with the flow of the universe.
9) every moment is a chance to practice these principles. Just take the next best step.
Hope you find these helpful.
Obviously, at Riverbend we work to help you be both wealthy and happy. 😃
There will likely be many changes to retirement plans for 2023. Stay tuned for updates.
On the lighter side, Elliott lost his wallet and a homeless man returned it with cash and credit cards intact. Elliott gave him the cash. There is good in the world.
We went on a family vacation to Puerto Rico this week. We rented a boat and went to an island for a day. Elliott said it was a 10 out of 10. Experiences are usually higher on the happiness index than material items.
Hope all is well with you and your family this holiday season.
Finger Financial Five – 5 points in 5 minutes or less – is to provide you with a weekly shot of useful financial information. My intention is to share principles, so that you will have more clarity and peace, that help you make better financial decisions.
Investment advice offered through Stratos Wealth Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor; DBA Riverbend Wealth Management.
This content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information and provided by Riverbend Wealth Management. The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. Stratos Wealth Partners and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.